TRANSLATE

Thursday, May 22, 2014

May 17, 2014 Bus to Shimla - Sad Post!


The bus to Shimla was more than I bargained for.  I am not sure what happened to the luxury bus I booked, but I was put on another one which was running about an hour late. So I slept a bit and at 4 a.m. I am awakened by a man repeating his wife's name; he could not wake her up. After a bit of a ruckus, I inquired if she was breathing or had a pulse as she was not responding.  He shook his head 'no' and the woman across from me begged me to try to help. I had him stretch her out on the floor and the two of us administered CPR; I pumped her chest and he did mouth to mouth. She did not make it.  The bus driver got him a taxi at the next town and they took her to the hospital. She was in her early thirties and their 2 yr. old daughter was with them. Neither one were crying. I don't think the little girl knew what was happening.