TRANSLATE

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 14, 2014 Pushkar to Jaipur


Sunset last night brought with it a fierce storm with not only strong winds, but hail. Rain blew in around the windows on both sides of my room, it blew under and around the door, and soon the windowsill and floor was flooded. I pulled both towels out of the bath, shoved one under the door, and laid the other on the floor below the windows. The door banged and rattled, and there was no going to sleep. After about an hour, it subsided and I wrung out the door towel and replaced it as the water continued to flood in.

This morning is cool and sunny with the pilgrims headed to the sacred waters. There are more today as the holiday is winding down to its final days. The buses are packed so I opted for a private car to the next town over, Ajmer, where I catch the train to Jaipur, a 2 hour ride.

By the time I left, there were hundfeds of pilgrims here. They come each month on the full moon!